There’s no doubt that having veneers is a great way to cover dental flaws. Dental veneers are very thin, custom-made shells used in covering the front surface of teeth. They are designed to make teeth’s shape and size better. It may also change your teeth’s color, making them look whiter. Veneers look like your natural teeth, and are not easily scratched or stained. To learn more about dental veneers, continue reading.
- Dental veneers are mostly made of porcelain or composite materials. Veneers can help you with the following dental issues: teeth discoloration/spotting, awkward teeth lengths, chips/gaps, crooked or misaligned teeth, and many other dental imperfections.
- The life span of dental veneers are usually 15 to 20 years; in some case, it may be longer. The range vary depending on how you take care of them.
- Unlike braces, the placement of dental veneers is easier. If you have damaged your veneers, the procedure of replacing them is also not complicated. You can have your veneers placed in just one dental visit; that’s if your teeth and gums are healthy. If not, the dentist should fix any cavities and any other dental issues first before performing the procedure. This is to avoid infections.
- It is not advisable for you to get dental veneers if your teeth are still developing. It is also not recommended for you if you have an ongoing periodontal disease.
- Once your veneers are placed, you should make it a point to avoid biting your fingernails or grinding your teeth. You should still regularly brush and floss your teeth with veneers.
- Most of the time, the procedure of placing veneers does not cause discomfort. With the help of an anesthetic application, the procedure is almost painless.
- Veneers placement can change the shape of your face. This procedure can make your smiles wider, your cheekbones more accentuated, and your face more symmetrical. Just make sure you will discuss your preferences with your dentist in full details for you to achieve the smile you desire.
- Aside from making your smile great, veneers also protect your teeth from serious diseases and cavities.
Do you plan on getting your dental veneers in Dubai? Are you looking for an experienced dentist in Motor City? Do you want to achieve that perfect smile you have always dreamed of? If your answer to those 3 questions are all yeses, then click the links and let our experts help you with all your dental needs.